With over 80 million internet users in Nigeria, finding buyers for your products or services online can be very effective and affordable as compared to local advertising in newspaper, radio or TV.
The struggle for visibility in the search engine results is very competitive. Pay-per-click (PPC) can help you drive more qualified visitors to your website for less than the cost of an ad in your local newspaper, radio or TV.
So, if you’re thinking of doing PPC, or if you just haven’t given it much consideration until now, allow me to tell you the few advantages of PPC and why PPC is a no-brainer to drive more visitors to your website.
What is PPC?
PPC or Pay Per Click is an online advertising module where advertisers pay when an ad is clicked. Just as the name implies, an advertiser only pays for a click when an ad is clicked and a visitor lands on your website or web page.
For some Nigeria businesses that are reluctant to dip their hard earned money into pay-per-click advertising, here are some reasons why the investment may be worth your while.
Ten Practical Reasons You Should Consider PPC Marketing
Most of these benefits and advantages center on the amount of control and visibility PPC offers in your marketing efforts. The straightforward nature of PPC puts you in the driver’s seat (arguably more than most other forms of advertising and marketing), and when done right, the benefits do outweigh the risks.
Here are several reasons why PPC marketing is worthwhile:
- You only pay when a visitor clicks on your ad – Your ad can display 100 or 1000 times but you ONLY pay when your ad is clicked.
- Help increase sales – PPC if managed effectively can increase online revenue. Users searching for your product or services can easily find you. For $5/day, you can get more qualified visitors to your website and increase your chances of getting new leads or new sales.
- You can target your audience across Nigeria by distance, state or locations – With PPC advertising, you can target your customers in Nigeria (or outside Nigeria) by location, distance, state or country wide.
- Name awareness – You can use PPC advertising to garner name recognition for your business. Your ad will display several times and you can set your ad to display to the same user multiple times thereby creating name awareness. The more an ad shows to the same visitor, the easier it will be to recognize a name.
- Product branding – PPC can be an effective tool to brand your products online. If you have a product or products you want to brand, PPC can be very effective.
- Cheaper than print media, radio or TV – The average cost to run an ad in a full page of Nigerian newspapers can range anywhere from N300,000 to N500,000 per day. Newspapers and radio ads are equally expensive. With a fraction of the budget, you can run an affective online campaign for a whole year that will bring name recognition to your products.
- Set own budget to control cost – With a PPC campaign, you can set your own budget by the day, week or month. Your ad can show at specific times. Your ad will stop showing when you have reached your budget for the day.
- Instant visibility – PPC can show instantly, even, the same day your site is launched. SEO usually takes a longer time and there is no guarantee your website will appear on the first few pages of search engines. With a well-managed PPC campaign, your ad can appear within the hour after it is launched.
- Wider audience – Your ad can show on several other targeted websites PPC has a much wider reach than natural results on search engines. Ads can appear on hundreds of thousands of partner websites.
- Pay Per Click levels the playing field – Whether you are a multi-billion dollar company or a small business owner, you can afford to run a PPC campaign that meets your budget. Pay per click also puts businesses on a level playing field. A small business has just as high a chance of winning at a keyword bid and placing high on a search engine results page as a large company when they choose related and competitive keywords.